Placentia-Linda Hospital Receives “A” in Patient Safety from The Leapfrog Group
Placentia, CA, October 31, 2016 – Placentia-Linda Hospital received The Leapfrog Group’s top Safety Grade in the 2016 fall release. The hospital was one of 844 hospitals to receive an “A”, ranking among the safest hospitals in the United States. This is the hospital’s 2nd consecutive “A.” in 2016 and its 8th "A" since 2012.
“Placentia-Linda Hospital is proud to again be recognized as an “A” hospital for patient safety by The Leapfrog Group, as a demonstration of our commitment to providing high-quality care,” said Christina Oh, Chief Executive Officer. “The staff are more than deserving of this high mark, as they are truly dedicated to helping our patients live happier, healthier lives.”
The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade uses 30 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to assign A, B, C, D and F grades to more than 2,600 U.S. hospitals twice per year. It is calculated by top patient safety experts, peer-reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public.
ABOUT PLACENTIA-LINDA HOSPITAL
Placentia-Linda Hospital, a 114-bed acute care facility, has been proudly serving the community since 1972. The Hospital earned a “Grade A” with Leapfrog for spring and fall 2016 (8th "A" grade since 2012) and has the distinction of being in Gold Plus status five years in a row with the American Heart Association’s Get With the GuidelinesSM program, among other awards and distinctions.
Our specialties include:
- 24-hour emergency department featuring “Check In Online and Wait at Home” and Senior Track 65+ emergency bays
- Imaging Services with “True Open High Field” MRI and 2D/3D Tomo Digital Mammography
- Surgical Pavilion / G.I. Center offering comprehensive G.I. and surgical services
- Center for Wound Care of Placentia-Linda Hospital with two hyperbaric oxygen therapy chambers and osteomyelitis treatment
- Partner - Five MedPost urgent care locations
- Comprehensive community outreach and senior services
Placentia-Linda Hospital is growing to become one of North Orange County’s premier facilities. To learn more about us, please visit us at www.placentialinda.com, “Like Us” on Facebook at facebook.com/plhospital, “Follow Us” on Twitter, Instagram and Google+.
# # #