Awards & Distinctions
Recognized for delivering quality care
Over the years, Placentia-Linda Hospital has received many awards and designations in recognition of delivering outstanding patient care, including:
- Ranked above the national average for quality measures, including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care*
- Blue Shield of California Distinction for Bariatric
- Blue Shield of California Blue Distinction Center for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement
- American Heart Association “Get With The Guidelines” Program – Achieved Gold Plus award in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and Gold award in 2012, 2011, 2010 & 2009 for our performance in treating heart failure patients
- MBS, QIP, Bariatric Surgery
- Aetna Distinction for treatment of COPD and pneumonia
- Blue Shield of California Distinction for laparoscopic gall bladder removal
- CIGNA Center of Excellence for total knee replacement and total hip replacement
- CIGNA distinction for General Cardiac Medical (heart attack, heart failure, irregular heartbeat and Pulmonology Medical (COPD & pneumonia)
- Honor Roll Hospital in the Health Net Hospital Recognition Program
- NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) Hospital designation indicating Placentia-Linda’s commitment to elder care excellence. For 2016-2018, we have earned the senior-friendly designation.
- Tenet 2016 and 2015 Circle of Excellence Award for patient, physician and employee satisfaction – 7 Hospitals out of 80 Tenet hospitals received this honor in 2016. Placentia-Linda has also earned this distinction in 2010, 2007, 2006 and 2004.
*Source: Aggregate improvement processes data from publicly reported core measures data on the CMS Hospital Compare Site