At Placentia-Linda Hospital, we understand that visitors play an important role in patient recovery. All patients have visitation rights, and we welcome visitors at any time.
Just enter the hospital’s front lobby or Surgical Pavilion to obtain a visitor pass. After hours, enter the Emergency Room waiting room.
Our policy for visitors
• Patient visitation shall not be restricted, limited or otherwise denied on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
• The hospital will ensure that all visitors enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences.
• Our visitor guidelines describe the conditions for patient visitation that balance the patient’s visitation rights with a safe patient care environment.
Guidelines for visitors
Placentia-Linda's Vistor Guidelines
explain our policies, and help to ensure a safe and restful patient care environment:
• The number of visitors is not restricted in our patient rooms. However, if the number of visitors is not conducive to the healing process and interferes with the care of other patients, they may be asked to shorten their visit and/or return at another time.
• Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult (who is not the patient) and may be restricted from visiting certain patients or hospital areas.
• Visitors may be asked to leave a patient’s room to guarantee the privacy of the patient or a roommate – such as during an exam or procedure. Accommodations will be made if the patient requests that at least one visitor remain in the room to provide support and comfort.
Placentia-Linda offers quiet and comfortable waiting areas for patients and families.
The Main Lobby
is the primary waiting area for new admissions and for those waiting for surgery patients. The lobby features comfortable chairs and couches. The gift shop is also located in the lobby and includes unique gifts, flowers, cards and snack items.
is located on the main hallway and offers quiet time and space for reflection and meditation.
Our Emergency Department
features a recently upgraded waiting room with a television and reading materials.
The Definitive Observation Unit (DOU)/Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
waiting area is a quiet space located in the DOU hallway.
The Surgical Pavilion
waiting area is located inside the entrance to the pavilion on the south side of the hospital. Visitors may wait here until the patient goes to surgery. They then will be asked to go to the Main Lobby to wait for a report on their loved one.
The G.I. Center
waiting area is also located inside the entrance to the Surgical Pavilion.