Volunteer with Us
Offer your support for patients and their families
Do you have four extra hours a week? Consider becoming a volunteer at Placentia-Linda Hospital.
Volunteers play an important role in the hospital’s day-to-day activities. Members of the Hospital Guild perform a variety of jobs in both our offices and patient care areas. Our volunteers work as:
- Gift Shop salespeople
- Front desk receptionists
- Staff assistants who answer phones and help with filing
- Partners in our community outreach events, such as health fairs and flu-shot clinics
- Assistants in the Emergency Room and radiology, laboratory and medical/surgical units
- “Floaters” who help deliver meals, flowers, magazines and mail to our patients
- Escorts for patients and family members during admission and discharge
Volunteers must be over 18 years old and high school graduates. Placentia-Linda does not provide certification hours and/or hands-on training for college students seeking certified volunteer hours.
Our volunteers have a choice in the types of duties they perform and when they want to serve their four-hour weekly shifts. Shifts are available during the weekdays, evenings and weekends.
While volunteers are focused on service rather than fundraising, profits from the Hospital Guild-run gift shop go toward annual scholarships for students who plan on medical careers.
Are you ready to lend us your talents and skills? Just download and fill out this application.
You can drop off the completed application at the hospital, or mail it to:
Volunteer Guild of Placentia-Linda Hospital
1301 N. Rose Drive
Placentia, CA 92870
We will contact you to set up an interview. The Guild office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you need more information or have questions, call (714) 524-4210.