What to Bring/What NOT to Bring
Helpful lists for your hospital visit
This checklist is designed to make your stay at Placentia-Linda Hospital as convenient, comfortable and safe as possible. It provides suggestions for what to pack and what you should leave at home. If you have special needs at the hospital, contact one of the hospital’s patient advocates.
What to bring
- Your pre-registration paperwork, if you have registered ahead of your visit
- Your health insurance card (and your spouse’s card, if applicable)
- All insurance forms and pre-authorization paperwork
- A valid form of ID, such as a driver’s license or passport
- An advance directive document, if you have one
- All prescription and over-the-counter medications you are taking, in their original containers
- Any outside lab results and pertinent X-rays not taken at Placentia-Linda
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids and/or dentures
- Comfortable clothing for your arrival and discharge
- Reading and writing materials you may want during your stay
- No more than $20 in cash for any gift shop items
- Credit card number and expiration date, but not the card itself
What not to bring
- Credit cards
- Jewelry or other valuables
- More than $20 in cash
- Makeup, perfume or cologne
Placentia-Linda cannot be responsible for valuables you bring. If you do bring a valuable item with you, we recommend that it be sent home with a family member or deposited in the safe in our Admitting Department. Please notify the admitting or nursing staff about the items you want to deposit. You will receive an itemized receipt that allows you to reclaim your item(s) upon discharge. Valuables in the safe can be picked up only between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions about what to bring with you to the hospital — or what not to bring — call (714) 993-2000.