Scheduling & Visitor Restrictions
Placentia-Linda Hospital is committed to taking the necessary and critical steps to ensure that the patients and staff in our hospitals are safe and remain healthy.
Number of Visitors Allowed Per Patient:
- Emergency Department: one (1) visitor per patient
- Outpatient Procedures/Elective Surgery: one (1) visitor per patient
- Inpatient – NON-COVID: one (1) visitor per patient during the hours of 12 PM to 4 PM, 7 days per week. Additional accommodations are to be approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Inpatient – COVID Positive or Patient Under Investigation: Visitors are not permitted
- Imaging Center: Visitors are not permitted unless the patient is a minor or requires assistance with registration
Upon entry to the hospital:
- ALL visitors will be screened at hospital entrances for COVID symptoms and temperature prior to entrance.
- ALL visitors will be provided the “Visitor Expectations” handout upon arrival to provide education on hospital standards during visitation.
- ALL visitors will be masked prior to entrance, if needed, a mask will be provided. No cloth masks are permitted.
Visitor Arrival/Depart Instructions:
- Visitor(s) may have access to the patient, for the timeframes listed above based on patient location.
- When a designated visitor arrives to the hospital, the visitor will check into the hospital at the designated entry point to be screened, and masked.
- Inpatient/Emergency Room = Main Entrance
- Outpatient = Pavilion Entrance
These measures will be in effect until we are advised by the CDC or the Orange County Health Care Agency that it is safe to return to normal visiting practices. We appreciate your support and understanding during this time.
We cannot give you medical advice via phone or e-mail. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, contact your physician or other healthcare professional and self-quarantine. In the case of a medical emergency, such as difficulty breathing, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately.
We appreciate your support and understanding during this time.
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.